Tuesday, December 8, 2009

13.1 miles of the pain you crave...

This is the group of us that did the Run the River Half Marathon on November 14th. Starting from the left- Brian and Robin Gibson, Julianne (my SIL) and me, and Becky and Terry Weaver. Notice the medals. We all wore them very proudly while we ate our victory lunch at In and Out Burger.

It was fun, but actually my most painful half marathon. I think I pushed myself way harder this time. It paid off. I was hoping just to cross the finish line, and we (Becky and I) actually ended up beating our old time by 4 minutes- YEAH!!


It was really great running and training with you guys. Can't wait for the next one. Hopefully I'll be able to walk normally by then. Seriously. Even after a 20 pound bag of ice in an ice bath, I was still in pain and it took a good week to feel human again. OUCH! But, its like the logo for the marathon my brother Todd ran in June- "26.2 miles of the pain that you crave". Crazy, but very true..
mine should read- 13.1 miles of the pain you crave.

No comments: