Friday, November 20, 2009

A Heaps Wedding...


On October 17th, my not so little brother, Benny Boy (as he is affectionately known in our family) got married! He scored in the spouse department (so did she, Ben is a super guy!!). Shannon is amazing. She has passed the test of the Heaps family. Its a rigorous test, I tell you. Not many pass. I'm kidding. There's no test. But she fits into our family like a hand fits a glove. 3 points that I make:

The first time she met a large group of our Heaps family together (it wasn't all of us) she did not freak out at the sheer number of people around. Lets face it. That ca be scary for anyone! In fact, she jumped right in the mix- helped cook, talk, played with the kids, etc.

Second, her middle name is Leone. Not very common, right? Well, my mom's name is Cleone! Can't you see the coincidence?! Or is it...

Finally, she can handle Ben (and I say this with all the love in my heart) and all of his stinkiness. She's amazing!

Shannon has many other amazing things about her. I could go on and on. Just know that we love her and we are so happy for both of them! Here are a few pictures from the big day (in no particular order. Thanks blogger!):


I love this picture. Shannon's face says it all. Ben just got slammed with cake!



Myself, Ben and Jody- AKA (in the Heaps family) as the "three little kids" not to be confused with the "three little pigs"!!


Some Heaps cousins bustin' a move...


What little cuties!


Ben and Shannon with Ben's siblings (2 are missing. Marilee is serving a mission for our church in Puerto Rico, and Kelly was dog sick, along with her whole family, and had to stay in Utah).
I wish I had pictures of Shannon's family. They are really great too! It was fun to meet them and hear stories about Shannon growing up. She comes from great roots. It was a beautiful wedding. I'm so glad I got to be there and support them.

1 comment:

Scott and Amy said...

Thanks Jaimee for sharing pictures of your family. It is good to see everyone (except Marilee and Kelly). When does Marilee come home? Wow! Can't believe Benny Boy is married! -- Amy