Monday, October 26, 2009

Soccer season!

Now that soccer season is almost over, I figured I better blog about it! J started soccer in August. This is his 3rd year playing. He has been having so much fun this year! He loves his team and loves his coach. He's not only the youngest on the team, but also the very smallest. But he puts his whole heart into the game. He has scored quite a few goals, and had a lot of assists. He prefers to play defense, but man, when he's on offense, he's all business!





I love this shot we got with him and his coach, Ken. This was his coach's first season in soccer and he loved these boys! They are a roudy, rough and tumble bunch, but he was always patient when he was working with them. About 3 weeks ago, Ken had an accident and severely injured his leg. I think he was in the hospital for a week and had quite a few surgeries. Anyway, another dad stepped up for the last few weeks of the season, but every practice and game the team would do a huddle/cheer and say "for coach!". Ken finally made it out to Saturday's game (although I'm pretty sure he wasn't supposed to be there!) and the boys were soooo happy to see him. He couldn't run up and down the side line coaching, but he sure did a lot of encouraging from his chair.

Its been a great season and we've met a lot of great people this year. I hope J still wants to play next season and maybe we'll be on the same team as some of the boys from this year.

1 comment:

JP said...

As challenging as it is to have my two in soccer, I really, really love that they play.

Yes, I love soccer. I just admitted it.