Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Utah Trip-{LAST DAY WRAP UP}

I am hell bent on finishing this up! I've got lots more to blog about. Why do I feel like I have to blog everything? I do not know. I think because this is my family memories. My journal writing isn't the best, so this is pretty good (Plus, it will really help me when I get around to scrap booking this!!).
FRIDAY-
Brian took 2 nephews and went hiking in the morning part way up Timp (the MOUNTAIN, not the cave again!). They had fun, but they were pooped when they got back!

Jody and Kelly and I snuck away to do a little shopping when Brian got back. Then we met some long-time family friends at a park for some play time. Way back when, in the 70's, early 80's, my family lived in Cedar City, Utah. We grew up with the Ohms family. They are like family to us! In fact, Sarah Ohms and I have been "best friends" since birth. We moved away from Utah when I was little but we kept in contact- writing letters back and forth. We got to see each other a few times over the years, which was really great.
Anyways, we met up with Jenny (Ohms) and her husband and children. We got to visit with them for a few hours. It was really fun to get caught up on what was going on in her family. We ended up meeting up with my friend Sarah and her sister, Amy (Ohms) and husband for dinner, along with Chad and Sarah, which was really incredible. (No kids, just adults, so we could really talk!). Plus we ate at the Brazilian BBQ place in Provo. YUMMY!!!
I really, really enjoyed talking to Sarah and catching up with what was going on in her life. We lost touch for a few years, so it was really good to find out what she has been up to.

I tell you, I'm surrounded by amazing people. I'm blessed to call so many incredible people my friends, and the Ohms family, especially Sarah, are no exception to that. I got to see my dear friend Mandy,who I love way more than my luggage, and miss so much! I have an incredible family who all love to spend time together-(I'm referring to both Wadman and Heaps families here!).
Life is good. I love catching up with old friends, visiting with family that lives far away. This trip was muy loco at times. But really good. Muy bien. (Marilee would be so proud, I'm using my spanglish!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't just blog-stalk you after reading this one... I had to come out into the open for this post.

THANKS! :)

I enjoyed seeing you again too!!!!

And thanks for posting about your trip and about your family and about your life. :)

Scott and Amy said...

Jaimee, it was great seeing you guys too! We must do it again before the years pass by. -Amy