Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Tooth fairy came to my house!



Yep, it finally happened. He finally lost his first tooth! He's so proud to join ranks with his older sister, having the tooth fairy come and visit!

It was really funny how it happened. We were over at a friend's house, and he had asked if he could eat one of their delicious looking Granny Smith apples they had on their little fruit basket. So he got one cut up in slices for him. As he was eating the slices he kept saying the apple was hurting his tooth. I immediately started invisioning dental bills- large dental bills. He actually has really good teeth for how much candy the kid sucks down as often as he can get his hands on it. Enough about his dental record. I had him open up so that I could take a look, and much to my surprise, not only was his tooth VERY loose, his poor big permanent tooth was already coming in behind the baby one! Needless to say, he was a little nervous to pull the tooth out right away. And he insisted that Dad should do it. So, four days later, on February 3rd, the tooth was pulled, he was soooo happy to be rid of it. He proudly announced that he was so tough, it didn't even hurt!

He got a visit from the tooth fairy and she brought him $3! What's up with that? When I was little the tooth fairy only left me a quarter. I told him the tooth fairy must really like him! He was proud and is trying to save his money to buy a baccugon (??not spelled right- its a pokemon thing, and apparently they're pretty hot right now cause we can NEVER get them when we go to Walmart to buy them- they are always out!)

We have this really cool tooth fairy pillow that we use when our kids loose a tooth. Its sooo cute. Its a little pillow with a pocket on the front to put your tooth in. I ordered one from my friend Megan a little over a year ago. I'll try to snap a photo of it and post it so you can see just how cute it is. Anyway, the kid sleeps with it on their bed (its too small for them to actually use it as a real pillow though- that would make things really interesting for the toothfairy though!!!) and it makes it easy for the toothfairy to find the tooth, and a handy place to leave the money so that nothing ever gets lost under beds. Very important when dealing with the toothfairy.

See my blogs are already caught up into February. Now I'm only a few weeks behind. I'm on fire!!!

2 comments:

rad6 said...

Ahhh... the moments we live for. So cute!

Orange Peanut said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm glad the pillow worked out and that the toothfairy was able to find it! $3, WOW! Lucky boy!