Well, here they are! Photos of our annual family ski trip-we went the 10th-12th of this month. We love to go skiing as a family. Ever year we go up with my sister Gina and her family and stay a few days in the mountains to ski. Did I mention that we LOVE it? Its a great chance that our family has to spend lots of time together just having fun. That is our one objective, and we have a lot of it. The first picture is of Me(lady in the light green and gray jacket), and B and J (both in blue jackets!) My niece and nephew snuck in the picture behind us-( their keepers). And of course Brian is taking the picture! Shamefully, we never got a picture of the entire family together. Sad, but very true. Anyway, this year we were able to go up for three days, two nights. We all did better with our "Skiing Skills". Both B and J improved enough to take the edgy wedgie off of their skis. What is an edgy wedgie you ask?? It sounds very uncomfortable, but it is not, I assure you, and has nothing to do with an actual wedgie! So, its a bungee cord hooked to the top of both skis to ensure that the skis neither spread too far apart, or get crossed over one another. Very nice for kids who are beginners.You will notice how lovely we all look in our ski goggles. They totally rock. When you're out on the slopes its all about keeping warm and having fun.
Here's a shot of Brian and I at the very top of the slopes with Donner Lake in the background.
We were out all morning with the kids, and they got tired. So, we sent them back inside with Gina we and got to stay out and ski a little longer with the big kids and my brother in law Eric. Now, Eric and his older kids are really good and just like to have fun. They go off the paths and into the powder, through the trees. I call that crazy- they call it fun. Brian loves to join them. So I got to follow all of them through stuff I never would have done on my own. I was in powder up to the top of my thighs, but I have to say, I had a great time.
This is S. This was her first time EVER on skis. She didn't like it at first, but daddy took her up on to the chair lift and that made it all worth it for her. For days after we came home she kept asking to go skiing to ride on the ski chair. She said, "I big. I go ski." It was so much fun to watch her out there with dad. We can't wait until next year to see how she does by herself!
Here's a shot of J on the lift with Brian. Here's how our family works when we ski. Brian can do it all- including ski backwards with a camera. He also teaches all of our kids to ski, by skiing with them, between his legs. He's a master. I'm exactly opposite. I can ski (sort of) and can help my kids if they fall. But that's about all. My kids are super racers who think I'm totally slow and tolerate skiing with me. They love to ski with dad. Its OK to ski with me when dad goes off and does something they are not willing to do-(thankfully, they are not dare devils!! But we are buying them helmets to wear next year!)
Here's super sweet B, who thinks she's going on 17. She is getting so good. This year was the first year we let her ride the ski lift without an adult with her (Dad's idea- obviously not Mom's)! I had to take a few really, really deep breaths, but I made it through. She's a very responsible and careful person. SO, I had to trust her and let her do something I knew she was totally capable of doing. Its just so high off of the ground, it made me nervous. Anyway, she had a great time skiing with her family and cousins. As you can see, we had a really great time and can't wait until next year. We had two days of incredibly clear weather, and one day where it was a little snowy. But it snowed every night, so there was always fresh powder to ski on in the morning. Perfect conditions- or as Brian would say, "Dude, the conditions are stellar!" This was our 6th year, and we hope to keep going for many years to come.




3 comments:
It looks like you had so much fun! We wish we could have joined you. Hopefully next year!
Since I've never been skiing I'm sure I'll have to use one of the edgy wedgies that the kids graduated from using this year :)
So awesome. I love skiing, better with the whole family. Not to mention makes awesome pics! Nicely done!!
Yeah it looks like fun, but seriously that's because I was looking at the pictures and not in the snow! I prefer the warm weather activities. You all totally rocked the outfits - you look AWESOME!
Post a Comment